Adding an outcome
An outcome can be added to the questionnaire flow. This outcome will be shown to leads after they have submitted the contact form or have finished the questionnaire. There are three different outcome types- Product, Thank you and URL Redirect.
1. To add an outcome, navigate to the Outcome tab on the top navigation bar.
2. Here, you will see two tabs for Default outcome and Custom Outcome. Default outcomes are outcomes that are shown for any answers that aren't configured. Default outcomes can also only be added once. Custom outcomes are outcomes that will only show if the lead selects a specific answer or combination of answers. You can add as many custom outcomes as you would like.
3. To add a Default or Custom outcome, click on the specific tab that you want and then click the +Add Outcome button.
5. When a Custom outcome is added to the questionnaire, you will see a line item appear in the list view titled 'Custom Outcome n' with the number incremented for each custom outcome. You can click into the custom outcome to start editing it.
6. If any outcome is added, you will be able to add a name for the outcome into the Outcome Name field. This will allow you to keep track of all the outcomes that have been created.
7. Custom outcomes have an extra section so that you can configure the specific answer or answer combination that will show the outcome to leads. In custom outcomes, under the Outcome Name field, you will see a Logic field with a Configure button, where you can set up the logic for this outcome. Click the Configure button to open the logic configurator popup window.
8. Within the popup, click the Add Condition button to add the first condition.
9. Two dropdown select fields will be shown, one for Select Question and another for Select Answers(s). First, select the question that you want to set the configuration on.
10. You can search for a specific question in the search bar. Once the question is selected, it will populate the dropdown filed with the selected question. The answers for the chosen question will populate in the Select Answer(s) field.
11. Select the answer or answers you want to add in for the configuration.
12. If more than one answer is selected for a question, the answers will be separated by an 'OR' field. For single select questions, only the 'OR' operator will be available. This means that for the question, if the lead choses answer a OR answer b, they will be shown this outcome.
13. If the question chosen is a multiple-choice question, an 'AND' operator will also be available. If you want a specific set of answers in a multiple-choice question to lead to an outcome, the 'AND' operator should be used. This means that for the question, if the lead choses answer a AND answer b AND answer c, they will be shown this outcome.
14. You can also add in more than one condition for an outcome configuration by clicking on the Add Condition button. Create the next condition in the same manner as the first. All the added conditions must be met for the outcome to be shown.
15. You can also add in Call to Actions buttons to the outcome page so that leads can either book a call, email/call you or be redirected to a webpage. In the thank you outcome, 3 types of call to actions are available - URL, Email and Phone. In the Call to Action section, you will be able to select the type of action you want in the first dropdown box.
16. The second text field will be the text shown on the button to leads. The default text can be changed to be more appropriate for your business.
17. In the final text box, enter the URL/email address/phone number.
18. The last step to make sure that leads can access the call to actions would be to toggle it on. This can be done by toggling the button next to each call to action to on.